Describe leadership as a process to support leadership development (leadership process)
This assignment is based on the premise that leaders need to develop other leaders in their overall strategy to support optimal organizational performance. This requires resources and support from other decision makers in an organization. Consequently, leaders need to identify this need and articulate it in the context of leadership as a process to enlist others for support.
Write a 4-5-page paper (plus title and reference pages) assessing the need for developing leaders based upon your understanding of leadership as a process. Include a biblical perspective on desired leadership characteristics to support leadership development.
Include the following line items content requirements:
1. Describe leadership as a process to support leadership development (Leadership Process)
2. Argue the need for leadership development as part of an overarching strategic plan to support optimal organizational performance (Need)
3. Potential consequences of not developing leaders (Support)
4. Biblical principles and support with examples from biblical leaders in modeling the way (Biblical principles)
5. Use Process, Need, Support, and Biblical principles as headings
Include clarity of content, structure, and formatting:
1. Clear presentation of content
2. Organization of content/Headings
5. APA 7 formatting
6. Minimum of 5 references
Text to be used:Huges, R., Ginnett, R., & Curphy, G. (2022). Leadership: Enhancing the lessons of experience. 10th ed., McGraw Hill. ISBN: 9781260682977.
Kouzes, J., & Posner, B. (2017). The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations. 6th ed., Jossey-Bass. ISBN: 9781119278962.