Crosby and the Core of Christian Personalism. For Crosby, why is the only true personalism a Christian personalism?
John Crosby The personalism of John Paul II
Answer the following questions:
1. Crosby and the Core of Christian Personalism. For Crosby, why is the only true personalism a Christian personalism?
2. Coercion and violence. One of the core principles of Christian personalism is that there is a total prescription against coercion and violence of any form. Give a specific example of such coercion- lawmaking, ethics, morality, etc. (dealing with people of color) – and explain why violence/coercion is wrong in that instance in the terms of Christian Personalism (citing Crosby).
3. Personhood and Consciousness? In Crosby’s terms, why is mere consciousness not enough to satisfy conditions for personhood?
4. Christian personalist ethics. Summarize what Christian personalist ethics are. Tell why you agree with the concept laid forth by Crosby with reason.
5. Why is it important to see ourselves as part of reality rather than masters of reality?2-3 paragraphs
6. Phenomenology! what is it? cite crosby and give an example