write a two page (maximum) essay addressing SHARP from within the Army and making recommendations on how leaders at the SGT level can implement potential solutions.
Inform learners they will write a two page (maximum) essay addressing SHARP from within the Army and
making recommendations on how leaders at the SGT level can implement potential solutions. The winner will
be selected by the commandant and recognized with a certificate of achievement and coin during graduation
Your essay should address the question, “Why do cases of sexual harassment and sexual assault continue to
take place in the Army, despite all the training and education that take place?
1. Introduction (1-2 paragraphs)
A. Opening statement
B. Background information
c. Purpose statement
I. Body (2-4 paragraphs)
A. (Point A) Why does sexual assault occur? Include supporting evidence
B. (Point B) Does our current approach to training reduce (or not reduce) the risk of sexual assault
and harassment? (Could be tied to point A)
C. (Point C) Supporting topic & evidence to support your thesis.
D. (Point D) How do we end sexual violence in the military (recommendations/solutions)?
Ill. Conclusion (1-2 paragraphs)
A Summarize the main points.
B. Make a strong, memorable final statement.
• Essay must be 1-2 pages in length (title page does not count as a page).
• Essay is an individual activity (although peer editing is allowed).
• Essay must contain two references (ARs, personal interviews, peer review articles, etc.).
• Essay is due on Day 1 of the Leadership Phase (provide students with exact date and time).
• Commandant (or designated representative) will choose the best essay.