Create an entity-relationship matrix to make an initial determination of the relationships between tables.
This week, you will use the business case study scenario on Pets ‘n Paws to complete the assignment. The business case study and related business rules are needed to support business intelligence and insight into the future. Your goal is to deconstruct the case study and use this information to begin planning a database design solution. The case study will be used to complete assignments throughout the course.
For this assignment, be sure to complete the following:
1. Create an entity-relationship matrix to make an initial determination of the relationships between tables. Embed as a table in your paper.
2. Build a data dictionary that includes the name of the field, the data type, the field length, constraints, and descriiption. Embed as a table in your paper.
3. Using the entity-relationship matrix and data dictionary as a design reference, use Lucidchart to create an entity-relationship diagram (ERD) using Crow’s-foot notation and with cardinality levels specified in support of the goals and objectives for the business.
4. Describe the process used to deconstruct the business case study into the different aspects of the schema (tables with attributes, data types, primary and foreign keys), relationships between tables
5. Justify the rationale used for schema design choices and describe how each design choice aligns with and supports the business rules provide in the case study.
Length: 5 to 7-page paper, including 1 entity-relationship diagram and data dictionary
References: Include a minimum of 2 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.