Be sure to address Airbnb’s external environment, it’s resources and competitive abilities
Airbnb Case Study: Guidelines and Questions (Due March 14th, 2021) Individual Case Analysis/Paper: Airbnb Case Study
Working individually, students will produce one written case study analyses of the Airbnb case. For the Airbnb case, there are 5 questions. The first four questions can be answered in 1-2 pages, while Question 5 will require 3-4 pages.
Please refer to the information below for requirements:
Format: The paper should be typed, double spaced, with 1” margins, in 12 print Times New Roman font with a cover sheet which includes the student’s name, date, contact information, assignment, integrity certification and signature.
Please place the following academic integrity certification and your signature on the cover page:
I certify that the work I submit is my own individual work, and that I have not received help on it from another person. Any ideas or words borrowed from another person are cited using APA style references. I have completed this work consistent with the University’s policy on academic integrity and standards of conduct.
Airbnb Case Study Questions:
1. How would you illustrate and compare the business models for Airbnb, large hotel chains such as Marriott and Hilton, and bed & breakfast operators?
2. What was Airbnb’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic? Does it appear that the company’s business model is more resilient than that of its hotel chain rivals?
3. In what ways has the lodging consumer changed, and how does Airbnb’s customer value-proposition meet this change?
4. What are the general strengths and weaknesses of a) large, hotel chains such as Marriott and Hilton, b) bed & breakfasts, and c) Airbnb? Explain how you would compare and contrast those businesses.
5. What recommendations would you make to Airbnb to improve its competitiveness in the accommodation market while mitigating any current and future risks? Be sure to address Airbnb’s external environment, it’s resources and competitive abilities (see Chapters 3 & 4 in your text).
Questions must be answered in sentence format. No tables, no bullet points and no lists. Questions 1-4 can be answered in approximately 2 pages.
Question 5 can be answered in 3-4 pages.