What is the expected status of the content items in the future?
Assignment 1- Case Study on Budgeting and SWOT Analysis
Financial forecasting estimates a company’s future financial outcomes by examining historical data. Used to determine how companies should allocate their budgets for a future period. Unlike budgeting, financial forecasting does not analyze the variance between financial forecasts and actual performance.
MUST USE AS A RESOURSE Chapters 14 & 15 Nowicki, M. (2017). Introduction to the Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations, Seventh Edition (7th Edition). Health Administration Press. https://online.vitalsource.com/books/9781567939071
PART 1: CASE STUDY on BUDGETING:
Suppose that you are the new Chief Executive Officer at Memorial Hospital. Memorial is a Nonprofit hospital with 300 beds and is located in a busy metropolitan area directly adjacent to a large university. Memorial is the only hospital within a 20-mile radius of campus, but construction on a new, competing hospital has just started within 5 miles.
For this assignment you will write a five-page double-spaced paper (excluding title and reference pages), addressing the following: Write a 5-page paper-addressing the following Case Study questions:
1. Identify three forecasting content items. How will they be measured?
2. What is the expected status of the content items in the future?
3. Which forecasting techniques should you use? Why?
ASSIGNMENT REQUIREMENTS-Written Portion
• Must be five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA 7 style
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
• Must use at least five sources-that is, four scholarly, peer-reviewed credible sources in addition to the course text for a total of five sources. Sources must be current and published within the last 5 years.
o If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment. Be sure to integrate your research, rather than simply inserting it.
• Must document all sources in APA 7 style as outlined
PART 2- Develop a SWOT Analysis–Page 6
A SWOT analysis, or matrix as it is sometimes called, is a method that evaluates the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, or threats related to an organization’s overall strategy, an individual project, or a product decision-making procedure. A SWOT analysis can help you identify opportunities that your business could take advantage of to make greater profits.
Develop a SWOT demonstrating how the SWOT can help in the budgeting process.
In this exercise you will use an actual SWOT diagram as listed below and list 4 strengths, 4 weaknesses, 4 opportunities and 4 threats in your diagram on doing a SWOT in the budgeting process.