What style of leadership did this house supervisor use when dealing with Mary?
*Please answers questions in paragraph format
*Thoroughly explain and supporting your answers to each question
*6 Scholarly references (no more than 5 years)
Mary Jones is a RN who works in the OR and has been working there for several years. Mary often took call on the weekends for extra money. Mary loves the OR and providing care for her patients. Mary was on call this particular weekend. She was attending a wedding for her friend. While at the wedding Mary received a call from the nursing supervisor at the hospital to come in immediately for an emergency surgery. Mary asked the house supervisor if she was able to find someone else to cover her call, and if she could not find someone, she would come in as she did not know about the wedding when she signed up for the call. The house supervisor stated that she was too busy to make calls, therefore Mary would need to come in, and if she did not come in, she would be written up for not following the on call policy and refusing to come in for the surgery. Mary went in for the surgery, but decided to leave the organization due to the leadership style of the managers in the organization.
1. What style of leadership did this house supervisor use when dealing with Mary? Explain the
leadership style with evidence based nursing and leadership resources.
2. What type of leadership do you think that Mary prefers? Why? Support your explanation with
evidence based nursing and leadership resources.
3. What type of leadership qualities do you think that nursing staff expect? Explain and support
your explanation with evidence based resources.
4. If you were Mary, what could have you done different?
5. If you were the house supervisor, what could have you done different?
6. Who do you think was right, Mary or the house supervisor. Why? Support your answer.