What is Plea Bargaining?
In the content of this paper students should answer the following questions based on course content and research:
1. What is Plea Bargaining?
2. What are the benefits of the plea bargain?
3. What are the challenges with plea bargaining?
4. What does the scholarly research tell the criminal justice system about plea bargaining?
5. If you were in a situation where the plea bargain was an option, would you use it. Why? If not, then why?
Your paper must include a heading, 2 pages of content, a conclusion paragraph, and citations. The paper must be typed, double-spaced in APA format, you must include 4 scholarly article citations. All written assignments are required to be submitted using Microsoft Word. There are no exceptions to this rule. Documents should be proofread to avoid spelling and grammatical mistakes. Additionally, all written assignments will be evaluated based on “quality” and not simply “quantity.” In addition, all written assignments should adhere to the following guidelines:
• Spacing: Double
• Font: either Tahoma or Arial in 12 point (size);
• Title of assignment should be in the upper left hand corner on first page, followed by student name in next line, and date on the last line;
• Documentation for all references and quotations using APA style; and
• Accurate spelling and grammar.