select and read one of the “Arguments about Current Issues”
● Select and read one of the “Arguments about Current Issues” (provided in the “Contents by Genre” p. xxix-xxx in your textbook) OR Watch one of the Ted Talks below and take a position about it…agree with it… disagree with it…or in some way join the conversation with a debatable thesis regarding the topic. The Essay should be in 3rd person! No “I.”
● In 500-800 words, write an essay of at least five paragraphs in which you first summarize your selection and then respond to it with a developed argument that discusses the accuracy of the selection’s argument.
● Your response should provide adequate context, researched evidence, and thorough discussion
● 3 Direct quotes (at minimum) from your primary source (the work you are responding to).
● 1 Direct quote (at minimum) from a professionally published, credible web source.
● Any borrowed material (quoted, summarized, or paraphrased) must be properly cited in-text and in the Works Cited page.
I chose to do A ted talk Looks Aren’t everything