Explain why the team’s menus are better nutritional options for your two facilities.
PLEASE READ GUIDELINES AND RUBRIC ATTACHED IN FILES AND COVER EVERY KEY POINT NOTED. MUST INCLUDE SPEAKER NOTES!
The topic of this powerpoint is Cardiac Care In-Patient Hospital Settings (Mercy Hospital Saint Louis, Missouri and Highland Hospital Rochester, New York with the Hispanic culture and middle age group 40-50 years old.
Please review the files for screenshots of the menus for the two hospitals. Please use these menus as sources.
I only require completion of sections C-G:
c. Create Sample Menu (20 points/20%)
Create a single day’s replacement menu providing healthier choices for each menu analyzed, including the
1. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
2. Age considerations, potential health concerns, cultural influences, and regional patterns.
3. Nutritional components of your food choices.
4. Explanation of why the sample menus are better nutritional options for both facilities.
5. 2 reference citations that support your choices included on the slide or in the speaker’s notes
NR228 Nutrition, Health and Wellness
RUA: Nutritional Assessment (Team Project) Guidelines
NR228 RUA Nutritional Assessment V4OL.docx Revised: Jan 21 3
d. Compare Menus (20 points/20%)
1. Compare each original sample menu with its corresponding replacement menu
2. Explain why the team’s menus are better nutritional options for your two facilities.
3. Provides at least two references that support your choices on the slide or in the speaker’s notes
e. Barriers (10 points/10%)
1. Detail a barrier to optimal nutritional value of meal plans
2. Detail a second barrier to optimal nutritional value of meal plans
3. Detail a third barrier to optimal nutritional value of meal plans
a. Barriers may include:
i. Geographic location
ii. Health of the population
iii. Culture of the population and surrounding community
iv. Socioeconomic challenges
v. Available food choices
vi. Other barriers, as identified
vii. Include reference citations to support key points, as needed
f. Teaching points (10 points/10%)
1. Select one identified barrier and present three client education points to assist the individuals
responsible for meal planning create healthier options.
2. Considers the cultural comorbidities that may be present
3. Includes references to support key points
g. Summary (10 points/10%)
1. Summarizes key points from each section of the presentation
2. Comment about what you have learned from the assignment
3. Shares application for nursing practice
COMPLETE ONLY THE ABOVE LISTED INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE GUIDELINES AND RUBRIC I UPLOADED. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ UPLOADED GUIDELINES AND RUBRIC IN FILES AND FOLLOW IT COMPLETELY TO THE T. ABSOLUTELY NO SHORT CUTS.
Must be APA 7th edition
APA Format and Length (10 points/10%)
1. References are submitted with assignment.
2. Uses current APA 7th edition format and is free of errors.
3. Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
4. At least four to six (4-6) scholarly, nursing, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 YEARS.
5. Citations are included on the slide when material from that source is included. Cited references are on the reference slide.