Define spirituality and religion (as defined in the book)
Used the upload Spiritual Diversity in Social Work Practice The Heart of Helping book to answer the questions.
1. Define spirituality and religion (as defined in the book)
2. Name the four theoretical phases of the development of spirituality in social
3 Name and explain the historical phases in the connection between spirituality
and American Social work practice.
4. Name the opposing and supportive positions in resolving the debate about
studying religion and spirituality in social work
5.Describe the how, why, what, and when to include religion and spirituality in
6. What are the ethical boundaries and barriers to including religion and
spirituality in therapeutic practice.
7. Name/define the values/ethics for spiritually sensitive social workers
8. Select one (1) disorder under each clinical category in the V-code for spiritual
& religious assessment and discuss the intervention.
a. Religious Problems
b. Spiritual Problems
c. Combined religious/spiritual problems
d. Overlap of religious/spiritual problems and DSM V Disorder
e. Discuss Interventions for each category
9. Define the two (2) social works conceptual models of
a) Holistic model – biopsychosocialspiritual
b) Operational model
• Spiritual experiences
• Spiritual development