Develop a plan to recruit and select position
Case Assignment: You are a human resource manager.
case assignment, you are in charge to recruit a new hire, for an organization and position you select.
Position: Infrastructure Specialist
Write a 5-8-page report (cover page and references page not included in total page count). Conduct research and utilize 4 – 5 sources from the required readings.
As a human resource professional, you are responsible for staffing the workforce at your organization. This includes recruitment and selection.
This paper focuses on job analysis, development of a job descriiption and job specifications, recruitment plan and interviewing plan.
Your report should address the following:
A brief presentation of the organization and an introduction to the position you need to fill.
Develop a plan to recruit and select position in your selected organization. Ideally, the signature paper will use the same organization and position.
Introduction: It presents the roadmap and main points of the paper.
Main Body subsections:
1. Brief Presentation of the Selected Organization
2. The position you plan to fill
3. A brief discussion of the job analysis and its relevance.
4. A complete Job Descriiption for the selected position (bullet points recommended, as in real job descriiptions).
5. Complete Job Specifications for the selected position (bullet points are recommended as in real job specifications).
6. A complete Recruitment plan, for the selected position, including Advertising and Screening.
7. A complete Interview Plan, for the selected position.
A sum up of the paper
Bibliography (APA Style)
• Write the paper in Word, double-spaced.
• Please use the APA style for referencing, in text, as well as to format the list of references.
• In order to streamline the paper, use questions as subtitles.
• The introduction is a mere roadmap, informing the reader what the paper will do.
• The conclusions merely sum up the main points of the paper. Include 4-5 references from the Touro library (cite each at least once). It is recommended to utilize peer-reviewed and top practitioner journals articles (as those in the readings).
• The bibliography is in the APA style, using Times New Roman 12
• Write the report in Word double-spaced.
• Include a title page
Knight, R. (2017). 7 Practical Ways to Reduce Bias in Your Hiring Process. Harvard Business Review Digital Articles. 6/12/2017, 2-7. Retrieved from EBSCO multi-search database in the Touro library.
Mackenzie, L. & Correl, S. (2018). Two Powerful Ways Managers Can Curb Implicit Biases. Harvard Business Review Digital Articles.1/10/2018, 33-38. Retrieved from EBSCO multi-search database in the Touro library.
Merchant, N. (2019). Stop Eliminating perfectly Good Candidates by Asking Them the Wrong Questions. Harvard Business Review Digital Article.3/22/2019, p2-4. 3p. Retrieved from EBSCO multi-search database in the Touro library.
Site: Recruitment Government Office of Personnel Management:
Site: Recruitment glossary from SmartRecruiters