Analyze data that validates a health issue
A.Obesity in Sarasota County Florida
Plan to raise income cap for eligibility for food stamps
(ATTACHED ARE TWO EXAMPLES OF PAPERS)
Discuss two differences in how an advanced professional nurse advocates for an at-risk population in the community versus how an advanced professional nurse advocates for an individual patient in the clinical practice setting. Include scholarly source(s) as part of your response.
B. Describe how the advanced professional nurse will apply two evidence-based strategies to promote interprofessional collaboration within an Advocacy Action Team (AAT). Include one scholarly source to support your descriiption.
C. Analyze data that validates a health issue affecting an at-risk population in the county or state where you live or work. Include relevant source(s) as part of your response.
D. Describe two characteristics of the at-risk population identified in part C.
E. Analyze how a specific social determinant of health (SDOH) in the county or state is predisposing the at-risk population from part C to the health issue identified in part C.
F. Analyze how current policy is insufficient to address the SDOH identified in part E.
Note: Current policy may be a county ordinance, county or state regulation, state law, program, school curriculum, health initiative, etc.
G. Provide a policy proposal to address the SDOH identified in part E. Include scholarly source(s) to support your policy proposal as part of your response.
1. Describe how the policy proposal could impact the health issue from part C.
2. Discuss how the policy proposal will address diversity in the population to ensure equitable distribution of resources.
3. Describe how the policy proposal upholds two provisions from the ANA Code of Ethics. Include relevant source(s) as part of your response.
4. Describe two actual or potential barriers in your county or state that impede the implementation of the policy proposal.
H. Provide the name and title of one policymaker with authority to move the policy proposal forward.
1. Provide the rationale for choosing the policymaker identified in part H.
I. Describe two strategies you will use as an advanced professional nurse to strengthen your professional practice as a policy advocate.
K. Acknowledge sources using APA-formatted in-text citations and references for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
L. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.