Island of Missing Trees
● Read pages 153-158 in the Island of Missing Trees.
● Respond to the following prompt
In this segment, Kostas and his daughter Ada are having a discussion. Read the passage carefully. Then, in a well-written essay, analyze how Shafak uses literary elements and techniques to portray the complex relationship between father and daughter.
In your response you should do the following:
● Respond to the prompt with a thesis that presents a defensible interpretation.
● Select and use evidence to support your line of reasoning.
● Explain how the evidence supports your line of reasoning.
● Use appropriate grammar and punctuation in communicating your argument.