discuss the varied convincing key points you may have considered during your attempt to persuade
PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Write a 500 word essay discussing the last time you tried to persuade
someone to see an issue the way you do. Consider and incorporate
elements of the argument read in the assigned chapters:
x selected issue
This paper will reflect your experiences with an issue (and opponent) as
you consider the elements of an argument.
• Think about the issue you discussed/argued.
• Try to create a clear claim—the argumentative version of what is often
known as a thesis; (what specifically you wanted to convince).
• Focus on what you said to make your position clear
• discuss the varied convincing key points you may have considered
during your attempt to persuade.
• Include the other person’s perspectives and possible objections; consider
acknowledging a few strong points made by your opposition. You will
soon learn to anticipate opposing views.
• Most importantly, make this your own. Think of why the argued issue
was of any importance to you and your journey, and then write with
this in mind.